Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Beginning

Hello and welcome to the blog! This is where I'll be posting all the art and updates for my fourth year thesis film, The Dwen, throughout its production. The film is the center of our final year and, if all goes as planned, the film will be completed April of 2013.

We've been encouraged to be thinking of what our thesis film might be since the end of our third year, and that's when this film began. In some form, at least. Over the course of the summer and through the process of boarding it has, of course, changed and evolved.

I've known from the beginning that I have wanted this film to be personal; to have some sort of connection with my life and my culture. It's with this idea in mind that I approached my partner in crime (for this film, at least), André Alexis. As the resident expert on Trinidadian mythology and folklore (unofficially), I knew he would be able to give me some insight into some spooky stories from the Caribbean.

He pitched a few ideas to me, and we eventually settled on a story centering around the Dwen: the soul of a child who died before it was baptized. Oooh. Spooky.

And that, I suppose, is where our tale begins. The tale of a tale. Me making a film. Whatever you want to call it. Come along with me through the blog and we'll see how films are made!

(very slowly)

No comments:

Post a Comment